2/03/2010

LIQUOR

Now you see me surrounded by friends. They all look so cute around me, smiling at everything I say. One might even think that they look at me fondly, but they aren’t looking at me, they only look at what I hold in my hand: on that depends their friendship. I don’t want them to go, so I hold the bottle carefully, trying to lengthen the minutes, to prolong to its maximum this situation. The smallest oversight and they will disappear from my side, and I want to have them here, just like now, smiling at everything I say.

A gulp less and their friendship becomes weaker, with every sip they cease to love me a little: when none of the liquid is left they will hate me.

I don’t want to hand over this bottle because it’s near its end and I want to have them like this, around me, a little longer. I want to be surrounded by friends; I speak to entertain them, but their looks on the bottle become unavoidable. One has already asked me shyly to pass it to him, another one follows:
_Or drink yourself a little, but move it!
_One second, I reply.

And this is how the inevitable moment is approaching, when the bottle is empty and I’ll be left alone, as always, my friends will not love me anymore and leave.
2005

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Escribe tu comentario